I've been teaching guitar since 2001. After my music informatics studies, I've also given workshops on live coding, sound synthesis and creative coding. I enjoy making lessons where the students have fun, learn something new, but the most important is to get motivated to keep learning on their own. I've been teaching SuperCollider for over 5 years now and have good experience with it. Lately I've been moved to try more SonicPi since it is very powerful and simple and enables very young people to start combining programming and music. I am happy to receive comments and inquiries about my skills and open for giving workshops on my topics of interest. Feel free to contact me if you want me to hold a talk or a workshop at your institution.
|2011-2016||Hochschule für Musik Karlsruhe||Research assistant in music informatics|
|2008-2011||Hochschule für Musik Karlsruhe||M.A. Music Informatics|
|2005-2008||Hochschule für Musik Karlsruhe||B.A. Musicology / Music Informatics|
|2001-2005||Hochschule für Musik Karlsruhe||D.K.A. Classical Guitar|
|1999-2001||Universidad EAFIT, Medellín||Classical Guitar|
As a guitar teacher
I've taught at different music schools ans institutions since 2001.
As a live coder and music programmer
Workshops and talks at different institutions and events.
- Hochschule für Musik Karlsruhe (SuperCollider, Creative Coding, iOS audio programming, Löve2D, Processing)
- Exhibitronic (SuperCollider / Processing)
- BEAM Festival (Live coding through SuperCollider)
- VIVO Festival (Network music library BenoitLib for SuperCollider)
- AKK (Noise live coding with SuperCollider)
- Errors, glitches and other mistakes in the life of an unredeemed technology lover
- Sonification of 3D Ultrasonic Data
This project mentioned in my music section was published as a paper at the LIPAM and an edited version was published at the Leonardo Music Journal.
This project was mentioned in my programming section. A paper was published at the ICAD 2015.
A list of topics I have made workshops or held talks about.
- Live coding
- Creative coding
- Network music
- Improvisation in electronic music
- Music technology and education